A Stoner’s Guide to Halloween: How to Handle Paranoia
3 min read
We all have endured being high when we didn't want to, even on a typical day, it can be rough... With all the Halloween parties and the likelihood of eating some edibles after finishing a preroll can make Halloween an extra terrifying night. Here is a guide to surviving Halloween while stoned AF.
If you're feeling NOID, here are some tips to help you get through the night:
1. Remember that ghosts are not real. This may seem like an obvious one, but it's worth repeating. Just because you're surrounded by spooky decorations and people dressed up in scary costumes, doesn't mean that any of it is real. If you can remind yourself of this, it'll be easier to relax and enjoy the night.
2. Try to focus on the positive. When you're feeling NOID, it's easy to fixate on the negative and think about all the things that could go wrong. Instead, try to focus on the positive and think about all the fun you are having or are going to have after you leave.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you're feeling overwhelmed, don't hesitate to ask a friend or family member to come with you. Your bros or besties will likely be more than willing to come with you and hold your hand.
4. Take some deep breaths. When you're feeling paranoid, it's important to relax and take some deep breaths. This will help to calm your nerves and ease your anxiety. Remember that you are just high.
5. Distract yourself. If you find yourself getting too caught up in your thoughts, try to distract yourself with something else. Look at a spot in the haunted house that is plain (like a backdrop or someone's shoes).
6. Stay hydrated and eat healthy foods. When you're high, it's easy to forget to drink water and eat healthy foods. However, staying hydrated and eating healthy foods can help to reduce anxiety and paranoia.
7. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine and alcohol can make anxiety and paranoia worse, so it's best to avoid them if you're feeling uneasy. You might be someone to want to get faded on Halloween, but that is not a good idea when you are feeling scared.
8. Remember that it's just a high. It's important to remember that the feelings you're experiencing are just a result of being high. They're not real and they'll eventually go away. Just relax and ride it out.
Halloween can be a fun and exciting time, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. If you find yourself feeling paranoid, just remember to take it one step at a time and focus on the positive. With these tips, you'll be able to get through the night without any problems.
Check out our other awesome blog posts here: